- Perform all duties assigned by the Project Manager to assist in the successful completion of the project
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe, productive, and professional job site through adhering to all policies and procedures in the HBI company handbook, safety handbook, and all applicable laws and building codes
- Responsible for the strategic planning and development for all onsite operations
- Schedule subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and consultants to stay on track with critical path and ensure they are executing their scope of work
- Maintain and communicate achievable short term (3 or 4 week) schedules
- Review submittals if asked by PM
- Maintain as built drawings
- Perform material takeoffs, and order material as necessary for self-performed work
- Responsible for managing tools, equipment, and onsite costs
- Must possess exceptional problem solving skills and an ability to adapt and overcome obstacles
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal form are required. May lead job progress meetings.
- Ability to perform advanced carpentry skills which includes ability to cut and build stair systems, layout, cut and assemble roof structures including rafters, jack rafters, hip roofs
- Demonstrate a positive attitude when faced with change and embrace learning for continuous improvement
- Charismatic leader who adjusts leadership style to motivate diverse groups to achieve goals and overcome challenges
- Ensure job site achieves the highest standards of quality, safety, cleanliness and service
- The ability to recognize skill levels / weaknesses and to delegate responsibility according to that assessment.
- The ability to prioritize, set goals as they relate to the project and accomplish them in a reasonable manner.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions including heat, cold, snow, and rain
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders
- Constantly move, walk, stand, and crouch for 8-9 hours a day
Education and Certification Requirements
- Required minimum education of High School Diploma
- Preferred 10 years of construction experience
- Preferred 2 years of leadership experience
- Ability to read and decipher blue prints, shop drawings, and specifications
- Requires intermediate math and geometry skills
- Certified in operating aerial lifts, telehandlers, and crane rigging
- Intermediate computer skills required
- No Overnight Travel Required
- Short Term Disability and Group Term Life Insurance, paid 100% by Holtz Builders, Inc.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability
- Paid vacation
HOLTZ BUILDERS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER