Apply For This Position
Holtz Builders, Inc., is a 35 year old company that is in high demand for new and returning customers. We have
worked hard to earn our excellent reputation with exceptional quality and customer service by completing every job
with honesty, transparency, and integrity. This is a family oriented and fast growing company that is looking to add
a Superintendent to our team due to the increasing number of projects on our horizon.
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
- Perform all duties assigned by the Project Manager to assist in the successful completion of the project
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe, productive, and professional job site through adhering to all policies
and procedures in the HBI company handbook, safety handbook, and all applicable laws and building codes
- Responsible for the strategic planning and development for all onsite operations
- Schedule subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and consultants to stay on track with critical path and ensure
they are executing their scope of work
- Maintain and communicate achievable short term (3 or 4 week) schedules
- Review submittals if asked by PM
- Maintain as built drawings
- Perform material takeoffs, and order material as necessary for self-performed work
- Responsible for managing tools, equipment, and onsite costs
- Must possess exceptional problem solving skills and an ability to adapt and overcome obstacles
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal form are required. May lead job progress meetings.
- Ability to perform advanced carpentry skills which includes ability to cut and build stair systems, layout, cut
and assemble roof structures including rafters, jack rafters, hip roofs
- Demonstrate a positive attitude when faced with change and embrace learning for continuous improvement
- Charismatic leader who adjusts leadership style to motivate diverse groups to achieve goals and overcome
- Ensure job site achieves the highest standards of quality, safety, cleanliness and service
- The ability to recognize skill levels / weaknesses and to delegate responsibility according to that assessment.
- The ability to prioritize, set goals as they relate to the project and accomplish them in a reasonable manner.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions including heat, cold, snow, and rain
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders
- Constantly move, walk, stand, and crouch for 8-9 hours a day
Education and Certification Requirements
- Required minimum education of High School Diploma
- Preferred 10 years of construction experience
- Preferred 2 years of leadership experience
- Ability to read and decipher blue prints, shop drawings, and specifications
- Requires intermediate math and geometry skills
- Certified in operating aerial lifts, telehandlers, and crane rigging
- Intermediate computer skills required
- No Overnight Travel Required
- Short Term Disability and Group Term Life Insurance, paid 100% by Holtz Builders, Inc.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability
- Paid vacation
Holtz Builders, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply For This Position