Apply For This Position
Holtz Builders, Inc., is a 35 year old company that is in high demand for new and returning customers. We have worked hard to earn our excellent reputation with exceptional quality and customer service by completing every job with honesty, transparency, and integrity. This is a family oriented and fast growing company that is looking to add an experienced carpenter to our team due to the increasing number of projects on our horizon.
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
- Construction and erection of residential and commercial buildings according to the plans
- Maintain a safe working environment by following all safety laws and HBI safety rules.
- Maintain a clean and organized job site free from debris and hazards
- Possess a working knowledge of building codes
- Uphold company standards for high quality workmanship, while using materials efficiently to prevent waste and maintain structural integrity
- Strong working knowledge of materials with the ability to do material takeoffs, cut, hone, and shape wood, vinyl, steel and other materials
- Finish carpentry skills including trimming and woodwork
- Working knowledge of stair design and construction
- Ability to layout walls, floors, joists and trusses; figure and cut roof rafters
- Sheeting, Roofing insulating of walls and roof systems
- Ability to install drywall, windows, and doors
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a positive attitude when faced with change and embrace learning for continuous improvement
- Ability to work in team environment with a professional demeanor
- Strong communication skills: must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, management, subcontractors, and customers.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions including heat, cold, snow, and rain
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders
- Constantly move, walk, stand, and crouch for 8-9 hours a day
- Frequently operates hand and power tools
Education and Certification Requirements
- Required minimum education of High School Diploma
- Ability to read and decipher blue prints, shop drawings, and specifications
- Requires intermediate math and geometry skills
- Certified to operate aerial lifts and telehandlers
- Certified in crane rigging
- No Overnight Travel Required
- Short Term Disability and Group Term Life Insurance, paid 100% by Holtz Builders, Inc.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability
- Paid vacation
Holtz Builders, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply For This Position